CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
We are seeking a NPI Manufacturing Engineer Intern to play a key role within the hardware team. In this role, you will collaborate with cross functional teams from the product concept, prototype development, and production phases. You will ensure that the product development team follows best practices and that hardware products are designed for manufacturability (DFM), meet quality, reliability, and cost targets.
- Support product development with prototype making, product builds, and performance evaluations
- Participate in Concept Design and Feasibility study
- Review and provide DFM feedback to product development team
- Create efficient manufacturing workflow, process, and work instructions
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure product meets design specifications
- Create and ensure Bills of Materials (BOM) through product development phases
- Design and validate assembly fixture as needed
- Perform Design of Experiments (DOEs) to validate manufacturing processes
- Support product builds and resolve manufacturing issues
- Determine root cause analysis and implement corrective actions
- Make recommendations for tooling and process requirements
- Currently working toward BS or MS in Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience with AutoCad, Solidworks, and Matlab
- Statistical analysis knowledge and experience with tools such as Minitab
- Passionate about solving manufacturing challenges with out of the box thinking
- Good communication skill with ability to wear multiple hats
- Factory assembly, fabrication, 3D printing, fixturing, prototyping experience
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.