Helping careers take flight. Reshaping an industry. Enable you career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHAT WE ARE ABOUT:
Our global team creates technology solutions that the insurance world has never seen - but really needs. With offices around the globe, our inclusive, innovative teams collaborate to continuously evolve our product offering that world class P&C Insurers build their core systems on Billing, Claims, Policy, Insights, Reinsurance and more. The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do.
Duck Creek is proud to be a Remote-First employer, empowering our employees with the choice to work from an office, from home or on a hybrid schedule. Our remote-first environment fosters inclusion, collaboration, and ensures a consistent employee experience regardless of location. We support our employees in making a decision that allows them to be the most productive they can be both at work and at home.
If working in a fast paced, rapidly evolving company that is transforming one of the worlds oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation and open exchange sounds exciting, let us know. We are excited for your career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHAT YOULL DO:
The SQL Database Engineer I will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our applications. The role is a hands-on position utilizing solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manages SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configures and maintains database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Refines and automates regular processes, tracks issues, and documents changes
- Provides 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Performs scheduled maintenance and support release patching deployment activities after hours.
- Shares domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
WHAT YOUVE DONE:
- Bachelors degree in higher education level, or its foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related engineering/computer field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Senior Database Administrator with experience in Azure Environments
- 1+ years of experience within Azure and SQL server Database version 2016 preferred.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Proficient with Stored Procedure, creating and altering tables, knowledge of SQL server security, SSIS packages
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA), Mirroring, Availability Groups, Replication and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, get-it-done personality
- Solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Travel: 0-10%
- Special Work Hours: 1) 24x7 support for critical production systems; and 2) After hours for performance scheduled maintenance and support release patching deployment activities.
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Our global company celebrates & leverages the differences each employee brings to the table. Our success is a direct result of an inclusive culture where opportunities to learn from one another occur regardless of title, seniority or background. This collaborative and team-oriented approach is at the core of how we operate and continuously improve our products, services and systems. As such, Duck Creek is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants - to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital, military, or any other protected status.
Duck Creek Technologies does not accept nor will we pay a fee for any hires resulting from unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes.