The SEO Manager will join a talented team of eCommerce and Marketing enthusiasts looking to rapidly grow the shoes.com business and work in partnership with some of the largest ecom sites in the world. This positon will report to the Senior Manager of SEO. You will be asked to develop strategies to drive channel growth based on insights from keyword/market research and our internal analytics. This is a collaborative role, as such, you will be responsible for coordinating with other members of the marketing teams including our social, content, creative & PPC teams as well as our merchandising team to ensure a holistic strategy is being executed. This role will be responsible for helping the SEO team meet traffic and revenue targets.
Upon coming on board, you can expect to:
- Pull reports from our analytics suite (Coremetrics / GA) to better understand customer behavior
- Define project requirements that are designed to dive channel KPIs – QA technical releases
- Use insights from analytics to drive strategies for SEO campaigns and technical projects
- Collaborate with social and PR team to define holistic strategies for content promotion, link acquisition & brand coverage
- Work with creative & merchandising teams to ensure projects meet SEO guidelines and best practices
- Monitor activity, analyze performance, identify areas of opportunity, and recommend ways to improve program KPIs
- QA campaigns and work to troubleshoot any issues that arise
- Gather information on industry and competitor trends, benchmarking tactics, best practices and performance to provide actionable requests
- Measure and benchmark external link performance, reclaim and optimize existing links while also securing new links
This role may be for you if you have:
- 3-5+ years direct experience with SEO campaigns
- Specific experience with e-comm retail preferred but not required
- Driven results through strategic content creation related campaigns
- Demonstrated excellent project management skills and can handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Working understanding of search engine optimization practices including the latest algorithms updates
- Demonstrated ability to learn and subsequently execute search engine optimization activities
- Experience with SEO Platform experience: Brightedge, Conductor, Moz, etc.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Coremetrics or another analytics platform
- Superb communication skills, verbal and written, and are persuasive
- Geek out on Excel and are fond of functions, vlookups, & pivot tables
- A strong sense of urgency and the ability to work effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A strong affinity for customer-centric marketing, and pride yourself on strong quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills
- Solid work ethic and are eager to take initiative and jump in and help any campaign
You'll want to work at shoes.com because:
Formerly Shoebuy.com, shoes.com is a leading online destination for top styles from the best brands, at great prices. Offering more than a million products from over 800 brands, shoes.com is the one-stop shop for the latest in footwear, clothing, and accessories. Whether customers are looking for the hottest fashion trends or hard-to-find sizes, shoes.com has shoppers covered—from toe to head.
Established in 2000, shoes.com is headquartered in Boston, MA. In 2016 the company was acquired by Jet.com ─ a next-generation ecommerce marketplace dedicated to saving shoppers more money. The synergy of this acquisition is creating record growth and expansion of the shoes.com brand. Learn more at shoes.com, and stay connected on social media – visit our Facebook page, follow us on Instagram (@shoesdotcom), Twitter (@shoesdotcom), and Pinterest. Plus, download our app. Shoes.com is shopping made easy!