Perch is creating the next generation Consumer Products company by becoming the first technology-based scale operator of top eCommerce microbrands. Microbrands selling through marketplaces like Amazon are already transforming global retail - Amazons 3rd party marketplace alone was $300B in 2020. Perch is disrupting and accelerating this space by acquiring great brands and making them even better. We look for successful, profitable businesses that sell top-ranked products with differentiated customer feedback. The Perch platform integrates those businesses into a scale operating company and accelerates the products to the next level of sales and profitability. We are a key resource for entrepreneurs who want liquidity and a key partner for Amazon and other retail channels by offering exceptional products, great customer service, and great value.
Critical to our growth is how our listings appear and rank on major marketplaces, including but not limited to Amazon. Perch is looking for a leader to develop and own a data-driven approach to optimizing where and how our listings appear/rank on ecommerce marketplace search engines. Including refining existing rank-driving strategies leveraging PPC advertising on-amazon, off-amazon traffic, and rebate programs, as well as developing new, innovative strategies.
Responsibilities / Activities
- Build repeatable and sophisticated processes to identify important and opportunity keywords for each product across the Perch portfolio; partner with product and engineering to build technology to automate these processes
- Track and audit organic rank across products and keywords, including new and innovative organic placements and badging such as Amazon Choice and editorial recommendations
- Develop organic rank driving playbooks by structuring and executing scaled experimentation on both existing products and new product launches
- Partner with the category management team to identify opportunities to deploy existing playbooks and lead execution
- Partner with our Amazon advertising team to analyze impact on organic rank and potential cannibalization or halo effect on organic sales
- Partner with our affiliate and partnership team and email marketing team to assess and optimize impact on organic rank of traffic funneled to our listings from off-amazon
- Partner with our head of product and CTO to build optimization technology to accelerate the development of these growth playbooks and enable us to execute at scale
- Participate in the recruitment of high quality candidates across the whole business and within the growth team
- Intentionally develop the culture across Perch as a whole and within the growth team in line with Perchs stated mission and values
- You are an entrepreneurial, data-driven, and willing to dive in and drive immediate impact
- Experience and comfort working with large datasets
- Effective at driving great results in matrixed / highly cross-functional and collaborative teams
- Experience selling on Amazon highly preferred
Perch is one of the fastest-growing eCommerce companies in Boston. Perch acquires and develops great eCommerce brands. We are backed by amazing investors (SoftBank, Spark Capital, Tectonic Ventures, and Boston Seed). Our team has deep expertise in eCommerce, technology, and M&A. We are disrupting one of the largest and most exciting spaces of eCommerce and are building an industry-shaping platform. Our aim is to have a workplace and company that positively impacts the lives of others, including our employees, their families, the entrepreneurs and vendors we work with, and our end customers.
Perch is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.