Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that millions of developers will love.
DigitalOcean has one of the worlds largest communities around the developer experience and education, and amazing content is contributed every single day. Our members create, manage, and grow all of the content and communities that make up the DigitalOcean experience. DigitalOceans community inspires and empowers millions of people across the globe each month, and we are looking for a Senior Web Developer with a focus on creating performant, cleanly written Node.js application backends with experience configuring, deploying, and maintaining Kubernetes and Continuous Integration pipelines.
The Senior Web Developer role includes using various full stack technologies to develop, deploy, and maintain high traffic websites and applications. Our in-house team caters to user experience, sound design and functionality, application performance, and achieving tangible business goals collaborating with designers, engineers, product managers, and analysts through first-class design and data-driven decision making.
What youll be doing:
- Work with frontend developers to deliver web applications that elevate UX and stakeholder needs through application performance, reliability, and predictability
- Build robust, performant, and well-documented REST API backends in Node.js
- Design, maintain, and deploy SQL databases in high demand environments
- Engineer new Kubernetes and Continuous Integration workflows for our web applications
- Architect solutions with development, design, data analytics, and product management teams
- Implement end-to-end testing jobs to ensure application health and functionality
- Create automated workflows to improve our developer experience
What Youll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Proven experience building, deploying, and maintaining full stack applications at scale
- Passion for customers and the products we build for them
- Experience with modern application frameworks, but ability to think outside the framework
- Proven experience with the following:
- Unix / Bash
- PostgresQL or other SQL database
- Bonus for having proven experience with: OAuth, React, Next.js, Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with application server infrastructure and networking
- Demonstrated ability to compose cleanly factored REST APIs in a thoughtful and efficient manner
- Excellent communication, organization, and teamwork skills
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!