America's Test Kitchen is looking for an experienced Senior Video Producer to develop, create and manage original programming for our Youtube channel and digital/social platforms. This producer will be responsible for pre-production with talent and culinary support staff, producing and directing shoots, overseeing crew and collaborators, managing/reviewing edits, and executing on the creative vision.
ATK considers the safety of its employees and the community a top priority. As part of this commitment, ATK requires all new and existing employees who will be on site or who will engage in any work-related travel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they obtain prior approval for an accommodation for medical reasons or due to a sincerely held religious belief, or are otherwise exempt from this requirement due to applicable state or local law. Qualified candidates who are offered the opportunity to join ATK will be required to comply with this policy and will be asked to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the first day of work.
Individuals who need additional information concerning ATKs vaccination policy or its process for requesting an accommodation should contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected].
- Work with Managing Producer and Executive Producer to develop and maintain series for our Youtube and digital/social channels
- Serve as lead producer on set directing talent, overseeing production details, managing crew, and communicating the creative vision.
- Coordinate with Production and Post-Production support, ensuring that deliverables are finished and delivered according to spec.
- Provide feedback and guidance to editors and designers, and ensure that projects adhere to our goals and standards.
- Work with Social, PR and other teams in order to provide marketing and other support for Youtube and digital/social programming.
- Mentor a small team of staff video producers, shooters, and editors while creating high-quality videos for Youtube and other digital, social, and web platforms.
- Create and implement process improvements, from pre to post production.
- Experience with Sony camera systems and post production software (Premiere, After Effects, etc.) required.
- Keep up-to-date with current video trends (styles, equipment, software, techniques).
- Work with Managing Producer to research and implement techniques to improve video performance on Youtube and social channels.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing and producing long-form digital video or broadcast content.
- Previous experience running a set, managing a team or crew, and reviewing edits.
- Proficient with Sony Camera Systems (both studio and field).
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
- Must have a collaborative team-oriented mentality along with the ability to work independently and under close direction.
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment.
- Strong shooting skills in a variety of styles.
- Understanding of how to light, particularly how to light food and cooking segments involving talent.
- Culinary video experience required; passion for cooking a plus.
- Experience working with high profile Youtube/social channels is a plus.
- Candidates that our local to the Boston area are preferred.
Who We Are:
Americas Test Kitchen has been teaching home cooks how to be successful in the kitchen since 1993. Our mission is to empower and inspire confidence, community, and creativity in the kitchen. Millions watch our two shows on public television, read our two flagship magazines (Cooks Illustrated and Cooks Country), and rely on our books, websites, videos, and podcasts. America's Test Kitchen is located in a state-of-the-art Boston facility with 15,000 sq. ft. of test kitchen and studio space. More than 50 test cooks exhaustively test recipes until we arrive at the best version. A panel of 60,000 highly engaged volunteer home cooks provides detailed feedback on our recipes so we know they work every time. We also rate cookware and supermarket ingredients to help home cooks select the best-quality products. The America's Test Kitchen television show launched in 2001, and the company added a second television program, Cook's Country, in 2008. Americas Test Kitchen Kids launched in 2018 and offers books, subscription boxes, and a website to educate the next generation of home cooks.
Why Americas Test Kitchen:
We're passionate about cooking, and about creating the best place to work. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career. We want you to take risks and make mistakes that's how innovation happens in our test kitchen, in our offices, and in life.
We at Americas Test Kitchen believe food media can be a powerful force for social change. We are passionate about building an inclusive workforce that represents many different cultures, backgrounds, abilities, identities, and perspectives.
We welcome your application.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter as well as links to your website, social channels and reel for consideration.