Were on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
Cyber security is taking centre stage for many companies, and the demand for Snyks product is sky-rocketing. Snyk has been adopted by over 2.2M developers who use Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software faster.
Were looking for a UX or Product Designer to join Snyk, designing a range experiences to make it incredibly easy for the 27 million software developers in the world to build secure apps.
You will be working closely with product and engineering colleagues to help drive the future of this product.
Youll spend your time
- Understanding the developer experience, what it's like to build complex software.
- Generative & evaluative research to identify pain points and user needs
- Working day to day in an R&D team, and also collaborating with other designers
- Influencing product decisions through user research
- Designing and running workshops, both with Snyk stakeholders and users
- Design the system through user flows, design concepts and iterative user feedback sessions, to finally crafting hi-fidelity design artefacts
- Sharing your skills, helping to build our world class design team.
- Making it easy for the 27 million developers in the world to build and ship secure code.
You should apply if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience in a software company in a design capacity, being the voice of the user e.g. as a user research, service design, product design
- Have a solid understanding of the user-centred design process.
- Have experience of defining a product direction based on research
- Are an effective communicator and collaborator in a remote environment, including thoughtful written documentation.
- Thrive in designing and facilitating workshops to gain alignment and drive towards outcomes
- Able to collaborate with engineers to solve challenging problems in an innovative way, all whilst understanding the constraints and conventions of modern software development
- Can articulate how you like to work - talking about a clear process for problem discovery through to ideation and testing
- Can demonstrate design thinking with a show by doing attitude
- Excited to build a product, that solves real users needs in a pragmatic and iterative way
- Are agile and enjoy the speed of a fast-paced, highly engaged startup environment.
- You are confident in interacting and communicating with customers in a range of scenarios, such as workshops, presentations and interviews.
- Are hands-on, curious and love to explore new domains and technologies and a critical thinker prepared to challenge the status quo
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment weve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether youre the right person, do apply anyway :)
In March of 2021, we raised $300M in Series E funding, bringing our company valuation to $4.7 billion, only 6 months after securing an additional $200M in Series D funding in September 2020, and successfully closing three strategic acquisitions with DeepCode, Manifold & FossID. On top of that, we have doubled the size of our global team, and were not stopping there!
We believe open source software is a force for good, and were building Snyk to make it easier for developers who arent security experts to stay secure. Join us!
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.