Simplisafe is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our growing Design team. Today, we are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in the ever-growing IoT home automation security space, we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively.
In this role, you will help design our next generation of Simplisafe branded home security products. You will work cross functionally with product and engineering partners to influence and contribute to our newest hardware and software experiences.
Note: This role is currently remote. This role will become a hybrid role when SimpliSafe deems it safe for employees to return to the office.
What youll do:
- Translate user insights into digital and physical experiences
- Build quick prototypes to test with users
- Collaborate with the rest of the design and research team and other multidisciplinary teams throughout the design process
- Tackle complex needs and transform them into easy-to-use, intuitive designs for Simplisafe customers
- Design new-to-the-world physical and digital experiences
- Develop consistent interactions across the Simplisafe family of products
What youll need to be successful:
- You love to solve complex problems
- Strong Portfolio that highlights your design process and aesthetic
- You understand that great experiences go beyond the digital screen and are able to think about the relationship between hardware and software
- You know how to leverage data to back design decisions and show the impact your work is having for Simplisafe and our users
- Prototyping: You are ready to learn from failure, embrace an iterative process, and you understand that success comes sooner with trial and error. You have hands on experience in creating low and high fidelity prototypes, at speed
- Systems thinking: You love complex questions and use your work to communicate that complexity in simple ways
- Team Skills: You work best in a participatory, team-based environment. You support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision, and planning of deliverables
- Openness: Designers need to be flexible and open-minded. You are optimistic, generative, and open to new ideas and ways of working
- Communication: You are able to articulate the problem you are solving, communicate your designs, and create a compelling narrative around the work you are doing
- 3+ years of experience designing digital/physical experiences
- Bachelors and/or graduate degree in Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Product Design, or other relevant degree
- Experience with a variety of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Experience in AR/VR or other emerging technologies is a plus!
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurens in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there werent any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a no-ego, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Bostons Best Places to Work in list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company youd enjoy working for, wed love to hear from you!