Senior UX Designer
Examity is a world leader in online proctoring. Founded in 2013, we work with colleges, universities, employers, and assessment providers to protect online test integrity. Since 2013, the market for online proctoring has only increased – today, we maintain five global locations, support hundreds of clients, and proctor millions of exams a year.
Being one of the fastest-growing Edtech companies in the United States starts with having the best team. Our employees are the heartbeat and backbone of everything we do. Together, we're able to build a better testing experience that meets candidates where they are. If you share our passion for providing the most innovative, versatile, and secure online proctoring in the industry, then we would love to talk to you.
The Senior UX Designer will be a member of the UX team, reporting directly to the Director, User Experience and will work closely with product management and engineering teams to bring concepts to life.
- Work cross-functionally with Agile teams to create engaging, easy-to-use design solutions that address complex business and user needs.
- Participate in discovery activities, including user research, personas, experience mapping and flow charting to inform product direction and design decisions.
- Create detailed wireframes and mockups that effectively communicate design and product requirements.
- Participate in internal and external testing of prototypes for usability.
- Communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to internal teams and clients.
- Contribute to a cohesive design system by documenting design patterns.
- Advocate for the needs of the user throughout the product life cycle.
Ensure designs adhere to accessibility guidelines and best practices.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a user experience or product designer.
- Portfolio demonstrating a deep knowledge of design principles.
- Experience delivering comprehensive end-to-end workflow solutions capturing complex business processes, preferably in SaaS-related products.
- Experience designing in an Agile environment, including Scrum.
- Solid grasp of user-centered design, research and testing methodologies.
- Experience with HTML/CSS preferred.
- Detailed understanding of component libraries and responsive design principles.
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices.
- Experience using Sketch, InVision, Miro and other industry-standard tools.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas.
Examity offers a competitive salary, 401(k), and a comprehensive benefits package, providing full coverage for BCBS Health Saver Plan and dental premiums for both individuals and families. As one of the fastest-growing companies in Massachusetts, you will be challenged to build your skills and take on increasing responsibility. Our office environment is open, collaborative, fast-paced and high energy. Examity’s urban office location in Newton, MA provides access to local shopping and restaurants.
You can’t spell Examity without “team.” Which is why we built our business around the most collaborative and passionate people in the industry. We’re always looking to grow our family, so if you’re interested in joining us, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We would love to hear from you! Examity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thrive because of the diversity of our employees. At Examity, people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives are always welcome. We foster an environment of mutual respect and do not tolerate any discrimination. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.