Do well by doing good
Ready for a challenge?
EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies and the most-visited solar energy website in the country: Last year, 10 million people used our tools. Our brand is trusted by consumers, thought leaders, and the media. Check out our coverage in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and the Washington Post.
We are a team of passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals who are dedicated to making renewable energy options more accessible and affordable to consumers. Currently we are ~100 employees and growing rapidly.
We are located in Boston Financial District and are working in an Hybrid work set up: 3 days in office, 2 days remote. #hybrid
Read more about our company and our team: energysage.com/about-us/company.
Design at EnergySage
We have grown by focusing on the needs of the customer - their problems, motivations, and limitations, and we relentlessly champion for them. Were heavier on the consumer side than on the B2B side of our marketplace. We have one of the most well-recognized and trusted brands for solar shopping in the US. Our team needs your help to build on this momentum in our solar and upcoming net new solar-adjacent marketplaces.
Our design team currently consists of high performing individuals in UX Design and Visual Design that are steeped in the best practices in the industry. The team is highly engaged in the work we do and cares deeply about each other and our mission to empower people to make smarter energy decisions through simplicity, transparency, and choice.
The User Experience role
In order to make the shopping and selling experience as delightful as possible, we are seeking a Senior UX Designer to join our team. We are looking for a senior professional that has a successful track record of using research to design consumer experiences that are delightful and motivating. The ideal candidate will be passionate about user-centered design in a shopping context, and will be able to thrive with minimal process and direction while driving efficiency, consistency and results.
What youll do:
- Own the design of the consumer experience on EnergySage where millions of users come to shop and learn about solar and other clean energy products and services
- Be the lead on research to better understand consumer needs, behavior, and motivation
- Champion a customer and user focus throughout the product design process
- Specify compelling, easy to use, and high converting user experiences across product offerings
- Work with product managers, designers, and software developers to identify user problems and design solutions.
- Mentor other members of the design team
- Create user flows, sketches, user stories, journey maps, and other product design and communication artifacts as needed
- Solicit stakeholder involvement to inform, adjust, and adapt
What we look for:
- At least 5 years of experience in User Experience Design
- B2C / eCommerce / Comparative Shopping / Marketplace experience
- Fluency in user-centered design principles and testing methodologies
- Experience in research, usability testing and other methods of design validation and improvement
- Clear and effective communication around design concepts, ideas, and solutions
- Proven track record of planning and executing research and usability tests that delivered demonstrable value and a data-driven approach web UX design.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and leverage resources effectively up, down, and across the organization
- Experience with Scrum/Agile product development and product management methodologies (user story creation, task breakdown)
- Technical savvy and understanding of how to support the engineering process
- Proven experience in deep understanding of customer needs
We are EnergySage.
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we welcome team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job - but we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help bring renewable energy to the broader market.
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives. We believe that the most successful teams actively and authentically engage individuals with varied experiences and skillsets.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of trusted advisors with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.
#jobopening, #hiring, #careers, #employment, #EnergySage, #hybrid, #design, #consumerexperience, #UXdesigner, #UXdesign