ezCater is the worlds largest online marketplace for catering a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. Were backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
Whats a Senior UX Copywriter, at ezCater?
A writer. A thinker. An idea person. A communicator.
Someone who can write with wit, directness, and craft.
Someone who worries the details, from the best error message to the best product name.
Its someone who knows when to use a complete sentence. And when to use a fragment.
Most of all, someone who knows and respects our users, and speaks clearly and helpfully with them.
If this is you, please read on.
You will report to our Executive Creative Director and work alongside Design and Video, within the Brand team
What you'll do:
- Know our personas on both sides of our marketplace. Know their wants and needs, their fears and frustrations, what they are trying to accomplish and what they need to hear.
- Be best friends with our brand, our products, and our messaging. Figure out what we want and need to say, when to say it, and how to say it.
- Write UX copy (all sorts) that is conversational, concise, persuasive, confidence-, and action-inspiring.
- Translate our brand into our product so our customer experience has a powerful, recognizable, and unified voice and tone.
- Collaborate with Product and e-commerce and UX people to put the right number of the right words in the right places.
- Experiment with messaging and prove which words work. Be fearless of failure. Celebrate the wins, learn from the flops, and never stop improving.
- Elevate the quality of writing throughout ezCater.
- Learn from -- and teach -- a first-rate team of creative professionals.
What we hope you have:
- 5-7 years of experience in writing UX copy and content for ecommerce, and for B2C and B2B companies.
- Inventiveness, so what you write is engaging even while its plainspoken.
- The ability to think multiple steps ahead, so what you write is compelling in the moment and furthers the lifelong conversation were in with our audience.
- A get it done -- right mentality, where your maniacal attention to detail is balanced with a history of delivering high-quality work on deadline.
- Curiosity, empathy, helpfulness, and a passion for human-centered design.
- A portfolio that shows your writing chops.
Starting Salary Range: $90,000 - $118,000
What youll get from us:
Youll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. Youll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and youll get all this: Market salary, stock options that youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.