Quilt is an early stage startup with a mission of addressing one of the largest problems facing America today: the perfect storm of people living longer AND saving less. As an independent subsidiary of a Fortune 100 company, Quilt combines the culture and agility of a startup with the stability and support of a large company. We plan to make a real difference, and we have all the ingredients to succeed where traditional, old school financial services companies have failed.
Currently in the product development stage, Quilt plans to launch its first financial product in 2019. We’re looking for a well-rounded senior UX designer/product designer to join our small but growing team and lead the effort to translate our business concept into an interactive application.
- Bring a new brand and digital product to life, taking it from idea to market
- Design experiences and interfaces that address user needs and communicate your solutions at varying levels of fidelity, from whiteboard sketches to clickable prototypes
- Conduct user research to validate and improve feature development and usability
- Develop a style guide and component library in cooperation with front-end engineering
- Prepare detailed visual comps and create assets for implementation
- Work with external partners to develop and implement guidelines for our new brand
- Closely collaborate with product management, engineering, and others in an Agile work environment
- Work from our Boston, Massachusetts office
- Designed user experiences as part of a product team
- Demonstrated an eye and a passion for customer-centric design
- Developed information architecture, detailed user flows, and interaction designs for fully responsive websites or applications
- Conducted various forms of user research and created accompanying design prototypes
- Created high-fidelity visual designs and related graphical assets
- Earned a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience designing direct-to-consumer, SaaS-style products
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and ideas on how best to integrate user experience design into the Agile process
- Experience working with engineers to create style guides and component libraries
- Familiarity with front-end web technologies (HTML, CSS, JS)
- A healthy curiosity for design theory and user experience design best practices
- Experience with financial or insurance products or products with regulatory compliance considerations
- Having a sense of humor
- Talking through complex issues while respecting viewpoints of others
- Working with data and letting the analytics be your guide
- Collaborative project and product development
- Thinking about what we’re building - not just how it'll be delivered
- Keeping it simple
- Being proactive
- 3-5 years work experience in user experience design or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Work from our Boston office
- Some business travel to other corporate offices
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to embody our brand and values as you apply your expertise in experience design to build financial products that tackle, head-on, the retirement and longevity issues facing America.
We pay competitive base salaries and provide significant team performance bonuses. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program, including medical insurance, 401(K) with match, and a pension offered through our corporate parent, MassMutual.
Quilt is a high-growth team and equal opportunity employer with many opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Our team values diversity and encourages all races, religions, colors, origins, genders, sexual orientations, ages, marital statuses, veterans, and abilities to apply.