The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
We are looking for a talented Sr. UX Designer to join our team and help design our web, desktop and mobile product interfaces that drive results. This role reports to the Senior Director of Design.
- Support designers as needed with wireframes, user flows, task flows, and high-resolution compositions.
- Facilitate collaboration with development, and product management teams to produce compelling, data-driven designs.
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas.
- Help develop overall design systems that leverage existing brand guidelines.
- Work on fast-paced projects, requiring attention to detail within constrained timelines.
- Work with senior members of the team developing PowerPoints on a as needed basis.
- Execute Usability Tests as needed drafting questions, roll-up, and delivery of results.
- In short, the candidate should have a curiosity and hunger for trying out new things, dont be afraid to push the envelope and take it a step further.
What You'll Need
- Hold at least a Bachelors in Design, Fine Arts, or a related visual art field, and have a foundational understanding of usability design best practices. Bonus points if taking classes outside of the design field to get a more holistic understanding of software development.
- 4+ years experience with developing enterprise software.
- A systems-thinker, able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns/behaviors.
- Advanced knowledge of industry tools, including Balsamiq, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office and Figma
- Eye for clean, visually impactful designs that are current and fresh. Avid reader of the latest-and-greatest from the software industry.
- You have a collaborative working style, focused on getting the best solution rather than your solution.