Kyruus is dedicated to its mission to make healthcare work better for everyone by connecting people to the care they need. This role will be in our HealthSparq team as we work on simplifying the complex healthcare landscape. Together, well improve the lives of our users by helping them to make better healthcare choices.
- Youll code and test our software products. In addition to coding, youll understand requirements, figure out what to build, and then build it. You will work on both existing and new products.
- Your typical day will include attending Agile standups, designing components or services, writing lots of code, testing and integrating your code, and reviewing others code.
- Youll participate in and contribute to Agile team activities. Youll help estimate the amount of time and effort projects will take as part of the sprint cycle.
- Youll apply Kyruus software engineering best practices, coding standards and patterns for development and deployment.
- Youll investigate alerts about possible errors in our system. Youll help solve outages, participate in retrospectives, and implement countermeasures to prevent similar issues from recurring.
- Youll create tools and documentation for internal teams like Client Delivery to understand how our systems work and to enable them to onboard customers in a timely manner with minimal support from Engineering.
Respect: How You'll Use Your Professional Skills
- You have 5+ years of experience building scalable and responsive web applications with a passion for delivering a superior user experience.
- You have experience with CI/CD in deploying web applications in the cloud employing technologies such as webpack, React/Hooks, Redux, Ember and Node.js.
- Experience with Git to version control software.
- You love coding, and you crank out high-quality, easy-to-reason-about production software. You understand software design patterns (Functional, OOP, Procedural), and you know why they are important.
- You are able to take uncertain requirements, ask the right questions to solidify them, and then break them down into the parts that you can build.
- You take responsibility for quality. You always write comprehensive unit and functional tests with tools such as React Testing Library, Cypress and TestCafe.
- You're skilled at communicating your thoughts and designs to your teammates, and you're good at giving constructive criticism.
- You function best as part of a team and you are passionate about teaching and learning.
- Experience with complex CSS layouts with Flexbox, Grid and CSS animations.
- You are familiar with Python and using Flask to build microservices.
- You have experience creating, interpreting, and executing finite state machines and statecharts (XState)
- You understand authentication/authorization, and have secured your applications using OAuth(2) and JSON Web Tokens.
- You are comfortable using Amazon Web Service components (e.g., EC2, S3, EMR, ELB, Lambda) to build scalable, resilient solutions.
- You believe continuous deployment, integration and monitoring is important, and have familiarity with tools such as Jenkins, NewRelic, DataDog, PagerDuty and Sentry.
- You can contribute to back-end services as well written in Java.
Empowerment: How You'll Know You're Succeeding
- You enjoy coding and deliver high-quality, robustly coded, easy-to-reason-about software.
- You complete your tasks reliably and on time to help the team achieve roadmap goals and customer commits.
- You ask for help when youre blocked and invest in learning from mentors as well seek training opportunities to improve your skills as a software engineer.
- You are assigned tasks of increasing level of complexity that youre able to complete with growing confidence that your deliverables meet the user and business requirements
- You contribute to improving your teams software development and deployment processes and are able to demonstrate a high degree of predictability and accountability in delivering your work.
- Kyruuvians in a Senior Engineer role can move in a linear career path to a Senior Engineer II position. From the Senior Engineer position, you can choose to develop along one of two tracks - individual contributor, as a Principal Software Engineer I, or management, as a Manager, Engineering.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what youre looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
Where Youll Go From Here
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.