Who we are
binx health has the world’s fastest FDA-cleared molecular platform for CT/NG testing. We also have the broadest suite of offerings in at-home testing for large corporate partners for broadened access to STI and COVID-19 care. Our molecular point of care platform brings rapid, accurate, and convenient infectious disease testing to people where they live, work, and shop. Our at-home solutions offer front-end engagement, and end-to-end logistics in concert with our reference lab partners to offer partners “turn-key” answers for their infectious disease testing needs. Our solutions broaden access to care for millions and put proprietary testing solutions in the hands of clinicians everywhere, including in the ever-expanding footprint of retail health. Our suite of medical guideline-driven at-home testing solutions for STIs and COVID-19 are designed to reach the many who are unwilling or unable to visit a physical location.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Service Engineer to join our growing team. This individual will be responsible for delivering customer delight through world-class support and service for our point-of-care diagnostic platform. World-class service starts with the customer and reverberates throughout binx health, and as such, this role includes operational responsibilities such as authoring SOPs, liaising with internal technical teams, and managing technical support content. This individual will provide on-site and remote technical support activities including hands-on investigation and troubleshooting, testing, and repair services as needed. Travel is expected.
- Work closely with users to compile detailed customer complaint information and to provide technical support to resolve such complaints
- Serve as the technical expert and escalation resource on the Customer Support team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with customers by phone, email, chat, and video conference.
- Operate with urgency, professionalism, and a sense of ownership.
- Manage self-help resources including FAQs, Help Center, and reference materials for use by customers and internal team members.
- Review, revise, and author technical documentation including SOPs, service manuals, and troubleshooting guides.
- Strictly adhere to all quality management system procedures and requirements.
- Maintain product knowledge to support continuous improvement efforts through post-marketing surveillance
- Serve as the technical lead for the Customer Support team by liaising with engineering, software, sales, and operations teams.
- Create, deploy, and train customer support representatives on instrument support processes.
- Serve as the voice of the customer in raising issues, problems, feedback, and anything else that may negatively impact the customer experience.
Education, Experience, and Demonstrated Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical field.
- Minimum 5 + years of experience in a technical, customer-facing role.
- Customer-oriented; previous customer support/service experience.
- Proficiency with hand tools and calibrated equipment to diagnose systems involving mechanics, electronics, and IT.
- Experience working with medical and other proprietary data transmission protocols and standards is strongly preferred (e.g. HL7, CSV, FTP, POCT1a, etc.).
- Hands-on service experience with complex medical devices and familiarity operating within clinical settings.
- Demonstrated aptitude for troubleshooting and diagnosing technical problems.
- Ability to quickly and accurately understand a mechanical, software-driven instrument and communicate with users of various qualifications.
- Strong attention to detail, time management skills, and organizational abilities.
- Competence to work independently within a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Startup experience preferred.
- Excellent PC skills including MS Office and Outlook.
- Experience with Zendesk and/or Salesforce is preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.