Wayfair is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to organize and drive the technology initiatives that support our Global Storefront Customer Experiences across all our brands.
In this role, you will manage the full lifecycle of a massive, complex, cross-functional program which requires anticipating (and de-risking) bottlenecks, managing escalations, making smart (data informed) tradeoff decisions, and balancing the customer and business needs within our technical constraints. As a technology program owner, youre accountable for both the technology strategys development and its execution.
An ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, innovative (both with technology and in getting things done), and highly influential. They will love using technology to solve complex problems in a high-growth environment with a passionate and engaged team and advocating for the needs of our 21 million customers. The ideal candidate will have strong communication, organization and planning skills. They will be able to implement and improve repeatable program frameworks leveraging methodologies like scaled agile or hybrid frameworks that make multiple teams come together to deliver the value.
Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for 21 million shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. Partnering with Engineering, Product Management, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our teams ensure that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, and measurable ways.
In This Role, You Will:
- Define the mission, vision, and guiding principles for your program (and team) program management office; setting the objectives, analyzing the data to inform decisions, driving outcomes, and influencing the resourcing of your key initiatives.
- Drive the creation of scalable, cross-cutting, solutions from concept to delivery with your cross-functional technology partners; youll be able to zoom into the weeds of a solution or back out to the SVP-level to communicate constraints and outcomes.
- Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria, and clearly communicate progress and outcomes.
- Create roadmaps and plans that have a clear series of milestones, measurable success criteria, and clearly communicate progress and outcomes.
- Simplify complexity for the team, drive smart tradeoff decisions, and deliver incremental value.
- Force multiply the efforts of many teams to deliver impact by removing bottlenecks before they become roadblocks, optimizing working models, and instrumenting repeatable processes.
- Own the prevention of traditional failures: bad understanding of the customer/business problem, weak collaboration, interdependencies not being mapped, weak technical solutioning (debt), gaps in testing, or unclear success measurement.
- Communicate and align with senior leadership, both within the Engineering and Product organizations. You will effectively paint with context and drive high quality decisions.
What Youll Need:
- A track-record of delivering complicated software solutions (products, systems, features) in an scaled agile environment.
- Understanding how distributed systems and software solutions are built to help guide the product development peer group.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights.
- A BS in computer science or a related technical discipline or MBA with focus on tech and engineering management
- 5-7 years of experience in software engineering, software product management, software development management, or technical program management.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.