Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
Tired of working with old EDC technology? Looking for an opportunity to change how clinical trials, data and data are managed? Veevas Vault CDMS Electronic Data Capture (EDC) application will truly change how the industry runs clinical trials and we want you on our team!
As a Senior Technical Architect, you will be a leading member of the Veeva Systems Professional CDMS Services group working on providing consulting and technical architecture design on project teams implementing Veeva Vault CDMS (EDC) to companies in the life sciences industry.
As a key member of our Professional Services team, the Senior Technical Architect will lead customer implementations by providing expertise with Technical architecture design, technical integration design, and Vault CDMS (EDC) best practices. The Senior Technical Architect is a customer advocate working closely with other Veeva teams (Product, Sales, Strategy) to ensure customer success today and in the future.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva. This is a customer-facing role and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Provide subject matter expertise on implementation best practices for the Veeva Vault Platform, Vault CDMS (EDC) product suite, and Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Act as a trusted advisor to customers and ensure they are meeting their goals through the full benefits of Veevas CDMS (EDC) application
- Lead business process discovery and application design workshops
- Understand customer requirements and create corresponding technical designs, through to implementation, testing, and deployment
- Manage integration and development projects and resources and develop internal and external tools to help our customers and our consultants
- Partner with other parts of the organization to deliver technical presentations to current and prospective customers to evangelize the value of Veevas Technical Services
- Support developers, testers, and customer from requirements/specification through UAT and go-live to ensure a smooth study transition
- Participate and contribute to process, product, and best practices initiatives
- Adherence to all Veeva and EDC Services procedures and policies
- 5+ years experience in EDC clinical software
- 5+ years experience with system integrators for IVRS, medical coding, eSource, CTMS, eTMF, Imaging, eCOA/Pro, and other clinical technologies
- 2+ years experience in SAS/SDTM data extracts and in writing custom reports.
- Working knowledge of clinical trial processes across pharmaceuticals, device and/or biotech sectors, (i.e. design, document, and data collection)
- Demonstrated success with customers during project assessment, planning, development, training and implementation
- Ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves to implement, and manage multiple tasks and project deliverables
- Ability to quickly understand customer requirements and create corresponding technical designs, and articulate integration design patterns
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel 25-30% (may include international; no current travel due to COVID)
Nice to Have
- Experience in a technical customer-facing role within a software or consulting organization
- Experience in interpreting clinical protocols and translating requirements into software specifications (writing/reviewing technical documentation)
- Enterprise experience and knowledge transfer for running clinical trials with EDC
- Development experience with Java, document management platforms, source code control systems, and/or Single Sign on
- Expertise in life sciences compliance and CSV requirements
- Familiarity with CDISC, ODM and other data management industry standards
- 4-year degree in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent technical degree
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].