Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
We are seeking a Senior Tax Manager to join our growing Accounting Team! This individual will lead the tax function, as well as managing tax compliance and contributing to the annual audit. In addition, this person will be a major contributor to various projects, and will work cross-functionally with other departments and stakeholders both inside and outside the organization.
Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented and organized, and will thus have the opportunity to own and implement many processes across the Accounting Team as the company rapidly scales. Additionally, this is a new role, and would be perfect for someone who wants to make an immediate impact on Cedars financial functions, take ownership in regards to operating and improving processes, and continue to grow and expand their skill set with a high growth team.
- Provide strategic leadership and direct all aspects of the tax function including the supervision and development of staff, representation before taxing authorities, and managing tax audits
- Oversee the preparation of corporate tax returns and workpapers prepared internally and by third-party accounting firms for multiple federal, state and local reporting obligations
- Lead sales tax research and return preparation conducted internally and by third-party accounting firms for various entities, and manage the client tax-exempt compliance process
- Assist with identifying and selecting sales tax software for return preparation, filings and compliance, and will lead the software implementation
- Lead the tax provision process with respect to ASC 740 and evaluate the assumptions used and calculations of tax liabilities for all entities on a consolidated and standalone basis; assist with identification and quantification of FIN 48 exposure
- Provide cross-functional support regarding sales tax, M&A and various tax impacts of transactions, as necessary
- Build and maintain the tax calendar to ensure timely filings and payments
- Design and maintain Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX 404) compliance processes and ensure an effective tax control environment and procedures
- Conduct detailed tax research and planning to remain informed of relevant tax regulatory developments, while thoroughly documenting and developing tax policies, procedures and methodology changes
- Lead multiple ongoing assignments and deliverables with a focus on communication to remain committed to being positive and rejecting mediocrity
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- MST is preferred but not required
- 8+ years of broad tax experience, preferably within a corporate tax department and/or public accounting
- Sales tax compliance experience is a plus
- CPA license is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with NetSuite ERP systems is a plus
- Experience with Avalara, Vertex or Thomson Reuters tax software is a plus
- Highly organized and proactive with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Cross collaborative - both internally across the organization and externally
- Passionate about Cedars mission of improving the healthcare finance experience
- Eligible to work in the United States
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with 12M patients a year growing at 180% YoY as of Aug 2021!
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Senior Accountant who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.