TVision measures who watches TV and how much attention they pay at the person-level to linear and streaming video. Marketers at some of the worlds largest brands, and premier Media Sellers and Data Partners leverage TVisions metrics to make more effective media decisions.
Utilizing cutting-edge technology, TVision goes beyond traditional TV data to include the measurement of presence in the room, co-viewing, and attention, thereby producing best-in-class TV data. This provides critical data to inform the decision-making of the $100B/year TV/Video industry.
TVisions growth and innovation has been recognized by The New York Times, Advertising Age, AdWeek, Business Insider, MediaPost, and Forbes. Business Insider named them one of the top companies to watch in advertising technology for 2019.
After 6 years of hard work, TVision has cutting-edge technology, a differentiated product, a loyal customer base, and a robust panel of households across the US. TVision just closed its Series B round led by Susquehanna International Group (lead investor of Bytedance) and is ready to invest in its industry leading products and grow revenue rapidly.
We deploy a small footprint measurement device in our panelists homes. This hardware runs sophisticated computer vision, audio and network algorithms to collect data about our panelists' TV watching activity, and uploads the data to our servers in AWS. There is also a management and monitoring system which lets us keep the fleet of devices healthy and up to date.
As our Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Systems validation and deployment
- Ensuring that devices are properly configured.
- Testing that software updates work properly and deploy them.
- Play an important role in the validation and procurement process of new hardware.
- Operational monitoring and troubleshooting
- Monitor the health and productivity of the devices.
- Identify patterns and severity of failures and work with engineers to prevent and correct them.
- Organize and improve support of the fleet of devices
- Work with the technicians that directly interact with the panelists and devices.
- Organize and prioritize the work for successful releases and operation of the devices.
- Design and implement procedures and write code to remotely monitor and maintain the devices.
- You are experienced with planning for, deploying, and supporting systems over time.
- You have a strong knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- You have a deep understanding of network protocols and behavior, including typical home network environments..
- You are experienced with Python and Linux shell scripting.
- You are skilled with software testing and test automation.
- You have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- You are skilled with the design and use of system metrics and log analysis software (Grafana, Scalyr, etc).
- You clearly and patiently explain issues to less technical team members.
- You are a skilled team lead and have mentored, trained and perhaps managed other engineers.
- You either already know or are interested in learning these technologies:
- configuration management systems (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- data analysis using SQL queries
- automated integration testing
- AWS usage
- hands on experience with simple building, reconfiguring and diagnosis of computer hardware
TVision prides itself on providing great benefits to its employees, including:
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Your choice of comprehensive health benefits for you and your family (health, dental, vision)
- Short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance
- FSA/HSA accounts
- 401(k) retirement plan options
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO and paid holidays
- Gym membership discounts
- Financial support for ongoing professional development
- Casual dress and fun atmosphere
TVision provides the option for every employee to work from home until major cities completely reopen (Q2/Q3 2021).