Senior Support Engineer
At Turbonomic, we are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. We will honor your experiences, perspectives, and exceptional identity. We believe that uniqueness enriches all of us by showing us a range of ways to understand and engage with the world.
Who We Are:
At Turbonomic, an IBM company, we work to deliver best-in-class software so that our customers can assure application performance, eliminating error messages, spinning wheels and business disruptions. Turbonomics Application Resource Management (ARM) platform continuously assures that applications get precisely the right resources needed to perform, while maintaining policy compliance and eliminating overspending. Our Network Performance Management (NPM) technology provides modern monitoring and analytics solutions that organizations need to monitor their network infrastructure, and simplifies the extraction and enrichment of metric, flow, and streaming telemetry data across multi-vendor networks enabling enterprises, carriers, and managed service providers to ensure optimal network operations and performance.
Turbonomic is well-positioned to build the future of AI-driven hybrid cloud. Turbonomic was recently named to the Inc. 5000 List of fastest growing private companies for the sixth time, and the Forbes Cloud 100 for the fourth time. We have also been named to Fast Companys Best Workplaces for Innovators List, a testament to our people, culture, and technology. To scale our growth, we have locked in partnerships with technology giants like Cisco, Microsoft, AWS, and DXC.
- Take ownership of customer issues and see problems through to resolution
- Take the lead in managing customer escalations and be comfortable holding customer facing meetings on short notice
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills as a go-getter with a lot of intellectual curiosity
- Reproduce customer environments and test and validate fixes and workarounds
- Act as a liaison between customers, technical pre-sales, sales teams and the product development team
- Effectively communicate customer feedback and feature requirements to Engineering and Product Management
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ensure proper recording and tracking of all issues in our ticketing system from open to resolution
- Identify commonly asked questions and generate knowledge base articles based on this content
Must have skills:
- 5+ years of experience in technical support
- Cloud infrastructure experience, ideally in AWS or Azure. Actively working in cloud technologies. Used AWS or Azure to deploy VMs, have a good understanding of the different parts of what the Cloud User interface does. For example, have some knowledge on what is a Storage Account, IAM Roles, Account Trust, Azure Active Directory, App Registration and more.
- Linux CLI - Strong experience with Linux CLI. For example, be able to browse through log files, and search log files while on/in a customer environment.
- Excellent customer-facing written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent preferred but not essential
- Kubernetes - A good understanding of Kubernetes and have used AKS/EKS or OpenShift. Expectation is that you have knowledge on specifics like IAM Roles and Policies, Kubernetes Networking, Cluster Nodes and more.
- Virtualization technologies experience (VMWare & Hyper-V) "On-Prem" A good understanding of VMWare and/or HyperV. Not just deploying a VM or powering on a VM.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage health is a #1 priority for us, weve got you covered.
- Pre-tax benefits medical, dependent care, commuter, 401k.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Access to executives learn and collaborate with leaders.
- Career advancement jump in, learn, grow and shape your career
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
- Employee Resource Groups POCIT, DevelopHer, Parents at Turbo, Book Club
- Wellness Initiatives - are you competitive? Youll love the step competition with great prizes! Cooking more your speed? We have web cooking classes! Great wellness initiative running year round
- Wellness Platform that offers allocation of points for different wellness benefits of your choice from the platform
Our Company Culture:
Our company culture enables a workplace that values trust, transparency, and performance. This is emulated through our employees, who approach each day with a sense of fearlessness, collaboration, and curiosity. If that sounds like something youd like to be part of, wed love to hear from you. To learn more about our company culture, check out our careers page, blog, or connect with Turbonomic via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) efforts are a strategic imperative in driving the future of our business. DEI is directly linked to our ability to innovate and collaborate effectively to bring the best products to market. We welcome and embrace diverse thoughts, experiences, and ideas. Having a diverse and inclusive culture is fundamental to who we are, and we know it has a positive effect on our success. We have committed to two Parity Pledges: One for Women in Leadership Positions; and one in Support of People of Color.
We measure our work culture regularly to ensure that Turbonomic is a place where all our employees are respected and valued for who they are. DEI is not a special initiative, but a central element of our strategy.
Across the Turbonomic enterprise we encourage you to bring your uniqueness. Whether it is through our Community Outreach program, joining an Employee Resource Group, or participating in our Sustainability initiatives, if you have a passion for pushing the limit and are eager to make a difference, Turbo is the place for you.
We encourage you to apply even if you dont check every single one of the boxes listed above!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
By submitting your application and information to Turbonomic an IBM Company you acknowledge and agree that your information can be used and made available to our subsidiaries and affiliates, and that you may be interviewed by, or ultimately offered employment by, any of IBM's subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide.