Help lead the technical direction as we build a new experience for Twitter's most dedicated users! You will work collaboratively and cross-functionally with Product Management, Design, User Research, and engineering teams across Twitter on a rapid iteration cycle of launching and learning.
- We are a small, scrappy team that recently started from scratch!
- We love ambiguity and open-ended questions.
- We build quickly but with quality - effecting rapid, iterative delivery while keeping an eye on long-term architectural coherence. We focus on delivering value to our customers - in both the short-term and long-term.
- We aren't afraid to prototype in public.
- We are a team of folks spread across the world, with diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. We value and actively seek out opportunities to increase the diversity of backgrounds and perspectives on our team
- We work hard, but we believe with hard work should come balance.
- 10+ years experience on iOS, Android, web (React) or backend distributed systems.
- Experience driving technical vision that enables long-term business strategy.
- Experience rapidly prototyping ideas and working collaboratively with Product, Design, User Research, and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong software engineering practices (e.g. coding, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
- Strong distributed systems best practices (e.g., monitoring / alerting, keeping sites within SLA/SLO, tracking product metrics).
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or similar technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience building products from scratch.
- Experience building subscription or membership based product a plus.
- Experience with In-App Purchases or Payments is a plus.
Twitter serves the public conversation by encouraging people all over the world to connect, learn, debate and solve problems together. We believe conversation can change the world, and that’s why Tweeps (that’s what we call Twitter employees) come to work everyday.