Office Tour Photos
Were in the middle of a sea-change, as we move from the home-grown, monolithic approaches that have served us well for a long time--but that weve outgrown--to a world that will let our engineers move faster. We are looking for a Staff Release Engineer to help us continue to drive to a highly scalable, agile, CI/CD environment.
That world looks like a more modern, standardized approach with more decoupled systems, isolated build pipelines, and containers deployed on Kubernetes. Theres a ton to do to get there, and we want your help!
If you are looking for a challenging environment with a big chance to grow as a DevOps practitioner in a large-scale environment and a chance to create business impact by joining at the precise moment that our new, shiny hybrid environment is being redesigned, then this is the place for you.
What youll do:
- Architect/Design and create intuitive development tooling for thousands of engineers and tens of thousands of servers in a hybrid environment
- Help grow other engineers technically by mentoring, pairing, and developing other opportunities for education
- Advocate for best practices in continuous integration, continuous deployment, automated testing, and release management
- Research industry trends and innovations to identify opportunities to make our own products and platforms even better
What youll need:
- 7+ years working in large scale build/release engineering environment with strong CI/CD principles
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes and related technologies--you know their tradeoffs, where they shine and where challenges lie
- An understanding of the role that configuration management software performs in a modern DevOps environment and experience working with it (Puppet, Ansible) from the software development side
- Leadership experience (not necessarily as management) through a transformation into a containerized environment
- A passionate interest in growing large-scale, loosely-coupled ecosystems that deliver value and keep delivering value greater than the sum of their parts
- Nice-to-have: Working competency in designing and writing hybrid distributed systems using Go
- Nice-to-have: Experience with third party build-and-release products used by Wayfair: BuildKite, GitLab CI, Octopus, Jenkins/Blue Ocean and/or experience administering a Git server instance (GitHub/GitLab)
More Jobs From