We are open to candidates across North America to work remotely.
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
- Development and enhancement of Lookouts SASE Data Security Products
- Participate in a complete development life cycle starting with understanding various functional requirements, understand/refine functional specification and develop for high throughput/ low latency requirements.
- Influencing the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas.
- Develop tools to effectively measure performance and latency characteristics of the product.
- Work with the Customer Support team in troubleshooting and fixing customer issues and identifying the product gaps.
- Take an active role in mentoring junior developers.
- Degree in Computer/Electronics/Electrical Engineering or any other relevant engineering discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in software development of which a minimum of 3 years is spent in design/development of networking and/or security products.
- Deep hands on experience in C/C++ programming
- Recent experience in Linux Kernel programming.
- Experience in few of these technologies is desired - IPSec, VPN, Intel DPDK, IKE, Strongswan, Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
- Strong understanding of network & security protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, DHCP/DNS,TLS, Active Directory/LDAP, SAML)
- Demonstrable experience of building highly scalable, performant and low latency systems
- Strong understanding of network-security fundamentals (e.g. Authentication, Cryptography, PKI)
- Working experience in using debugging tools like Valgrind, GDB, Purify, etc.
- Working experience in Network Protocol analyzers tools such as Ethereal, Wireshark, etc.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of technologies like Zero-trust Network Access (ZTNA), Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Development experience in Software Defined Perimeter (SDP), Secure Web Gateway (SWG) Products.
- Development experience in File System Drivers and Network Kernel Drivers.