ezCater is the worlds largest online marketplace for catering a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. Were backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
Were looking for an experienced accounting professional who can help us streamline the month-end close process, contribute to preparing GAAP financials, and assist in the intercompany process.
What youll do:
- Handle day-to-day accounting operations as part of the accounting team (AP, AR, GL).
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Contribute to an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close and timely reporting of all monthly financial information, including year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- Prepare journal entries and develop month-end reconciliations for review and variance resolution.
- Assist in managing international subsidiaries accounting and finances.
- Drive change by contributing to special projects as assigned with a focus on process improvement.
- Document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 5+ years experience in an accounting role.
- Mix of public/private experience a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for general ledger accounting. Sage Intacct experience a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Excel.
- Juggling ability: Youre comfortable with a high-volume list of varied tasks.
- An appetite for change: If something isnt working, we fix it. And then we fix it again.
- Devotion to details: Our quality standard is the highest in the business.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Starting Salary Range: $85,000-$106,000
What youll get from us:
Youll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. Youll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and youll get all this: Market salary, stock options that youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.