At ARIA we are working on bringing out next generation secure solutions that scale in performance, security, control, and deployment. As part of the engineering team you will get the opportunity to develop solutions for the cloud and enterprise spaces; utilizing the best in class technologies, tools, and processes. The security solutions will address data at rest, data in flight, and data in use – moving away from the traditional security paradigms used in today’s products to a new paradigm that will be disruptive to marketplace.
As a highly motivated Software Integration Engineer, you will work with a team of engineers to integrate and test code developed incrementally. You will help deliver exciting new software features while maintaining our product quality. You will need to be comfortable working closely with developers as features are designed and be able to understand the software architecture so that test plans can be created. Test design will range from detailed functional testing up to system-level testing and will be automated and integrated with CI/CD tools. Since some of the security solutions we are implementing are in a developing field, you must be able to learn quickly and be open to new ways of doing things.
What you’ll do:
- Work on products that bring security solutions to the cloud, private and public, as well as to the enterprise
- Ensure continuous build quality by collaborating with Product Engineering, Management and QA to integrate large code changes into our software platforms
- Build and contribute to a set of automation and tools used to enhance workflows and processes
- Write tools and automation to streamline our build and integration processes
- Test the next generation of security solutions and scalable deployment models against the requirements
- Diagnose and resolve complex software and integration issues
- Develop, build and release scripts for our software and embedded based products.
- Develop and execute test plans to help automate the testing
- Create and execute test cases for components and features – interacting closely with the responsible developer
- Perform defect tracking and management using collaboration tools like git, JIRA and Confluence
- Contribute in building automated regression tests from cases for our continuous integration pipeline framework
- Develop testing tools and resources to aid in testing efforts.
- Full time position in Lowell, Massachusetts office. Remote work not available for this position.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Experience working with a Linux OS for development, configuration and administration
- Comfortable with development tools (compilers, source control, editors, defect tracking, etc.)
- Proficient with Python
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Delivery principles
- 1 – 3 years of product test, much of it at understanding complex software designs and testing them
- Enthusiasm for automating integration tasks and tests whenever possible
- Experience working with automation testing frameworks (e.g. Jenkins, Docker)
- Ability to test components in isolation and in totality – providing software integration test strategies
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to debug, troubleshoot and diagnose software problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Desire to define and lead the effort to implement quality requirements and processes.
- Working knowledge of virtual machines (KVM, vSphere)
- Experience testing Docker containers and orchestration based products
- Understand/Experience in deploying and testing with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure)
- Experience in testing systems utilizing open source packages and tools
- Experience testing systems that scale and must be highly available
- Experience running applications on ARM processors
- Experience with networking applications and tools (TCP/UDP, wireshark)
- Experience with security application testing
- Experience testing enterprise-level integrated backend server applications (distributed systems)
- Experience testing cloud and web-based applications (HTTP protocol knowledge, web/application servers, database)