- Design, develop and take ownership of a highly performant and cutting edge real-time video/audio communication and collaboration solution built on WebRTC.
- Keep abreast of recent developments in real time communication technologies, prototype, and advocate to team members.
- Establish best practices, architectural principles, design patterns and methodologies.
- Collaborate with several backend and frontend engineers and product team.
- Proactively monitor performance and system health through operational tooling..
- Automate our infrastructure and delivery pipelines, and create tooling to improve team productivity.
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
- 5+ Years of experience as a senior software engineer, developing media software or software in a related area.
- 3+ years of experience building real-time communications software using the WebRTC standard.
- Experience with WebRTC frameworks such as PION, LiveKit, Janus, Jitsi, AWS Chime or similar open or closed source frameworks.
- Experience with audio/video or graphics.
- Experience with one of C++, C, Objective C or GoLang languages.
- Experience with multi-threading, network protocols, and object-oriented design.
- Excellent team player with strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with AWS
- Knowledge of media codecs, compression techniques, and media containers is highly desired.
The best candidates will share examples of:
- Grit & resilience.
- Work ethic.
- Teamwork & collaboration with peers/co-workers.
- A measurable history of performance.
- Self-awareness & coachability.
Owl Labs is over 40% remote and headquarters are based in Boston, MA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position. Please specify in your application. Our team is currently working 100% remote due to COVID-19.
Owl Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to our values of embracing inclusivity and creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work environment. We invite applications from people of all walks of life and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
Who We Are
Owl Labs is a collaborative tech company, creating an equalized meeting and learning experience for all, wherever participants may be. Powering hybrid teams and remote work is in our DNA. Owl Labs has been a leader when it comes to celebrating and connecting hybrid teams and classrooms -- meaning both in-office and remote workers, in-room students and at-home learning. Were best known for the Meeting Owl product line, a smart 360 camera, mic, speaker all-in-one solution. Sitting in the center of the table, the Meeting Owl uses vision and voice recognition to shift the camera to focus on whos speaking, giving all participants a feeling as if theyre in the same room. With the continued rise of hybrid teams and remote workers, our products allow for better collaboration and productivity no matter your location.
Our award-winning product, the Meeting Owl Pro, has been recognized by CES Innovation Awards 2020, Red Dot Design Awards 2020, SXSW Innovation Awards 2020 and our team recognized as an Inc. Best Workplaces 2020 and the esteemed Inc.s Editors List.