iRobot is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer in Test, Mobile Applications to join their Smart Home Team. This Software Test Engineer will create test plans and define test approach, lead and execute test efforts and help enable automated test developers by working with the software development team to design and implement software test approaches/mechanisms as well as develop and automate tests for continuous regression testing for our Smart Home Device(s) interoperability teams. A successful candidate will have a passion for quality, testing, delivering great products all, while inventing the future.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
- Work within Agile framework to plan and execute work.
- Develop, enhance and execute automated tests and frameworks.
- Influence software design to maximize testability and automation potential.
- Work side-by-side with developers and functional testers to create test specifications from user stories/requirements and transform selected tests into an automated test suite.
- Triage defects and effectively communicate parameters to developers for rapid reproduction and fix.
- Develop test plan and procedures for testing new products and sustaining efforts.
- Install / setup of test environment.
- Prioritize automation and manual efforts.
- Effectively communicate results and issues to developers, managers and program through direct communication, use of bug tracking system, triage abilities, etc.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to test execution resources for running tests (manual and automated) and collecting results.
- Promote and implement automation capabilities throughout the entire software development lifecycle including, functional, performance, scale and stress.
- 5+ years experience in software test and test automation with knowledge of bug tracking tools, test case management systems, build methodologies.
- Experience with Python, Java, C/C++, Selenium, Appium, etc.
- Familiarity with software build and delivery process (Jenkins).
- Experience with test automation and frameworks.
- Proficient in Windows and Linux.
- Familiarity with testing and automation of firmware and embedded code.
- API automation testing including working experience with test frameworks
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and set direction for software test projects.
- Adaptive fast learner able to ramp up quickly on domain area.
- Self-motivated, flexible with a passion to make a difference.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Proficient using MS Office productivity packages Excel and Word.
- Willingness and ability to mentor others.
- BS, MS, or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience in Agile methodology a plus
- Smart Home Device(s) interoperability testing with/without mobile application is highly desired
- Team engagement, able to bridge the gap between software developers and software test engineers.
- Familiarity with any of the following applications and technologies is a plus:
- Robotics: embedded systems for control, navigation, manipulation, sensors, video.
- Communications: Ethernet, wireless, Bluetooth, TCP/IP.
- Testing of WiFi enabled solutions.
- Experience with Test Management Systems.