iRobot is seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Test. This software test engineer will create test plans and define test approach, lead and execute test efforts and help enable automated test developers by working with the software development team to design and implement software test approaches/mechanisms as well as develop and automate tests for continuous regression testing. A successful candidate will have a passion for quality, testing, delivering great products all, while inventing the future.
Software Test (SWT) Team's mission is to plan and execute software focused testing to quickly identify defects early in the development and integration process, reduce regression and configuration testing time through automation, and confirm that the product functions as intended.
- Work within an Agile framework to plan and execute work.
- Develop, enhance and execute automated tests and frameworks.
- Promote and implement automation capabilities throughout the entire software development lifecycle including, functional, performance, scale, and stress.
- Influence software design to maximize testability and automation potential.
- Work side-by-side with developers and functional testers to create test specifications from user stories/requirements and transform selected tests into an automated test suite.
- Triage defects and effectively communicate parameters to developers for rapid reproduction and fix.
- Develop test plans and procedures for testing new products and sustaining efforts.
- Prioritize automation and manual efforts relative to Agile sprint priorities.
- Effectively communicate results and issues to developers, program, and product managers.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to test execution resources for running tests (manual and automated) and collecting results.
- 5+ years experience in software test and test automation.
- Experience with Python, C/C++, or equivalent.
- Experience with automation frameworks in the context of Continuous Integration (CD) pipelines, preferably with Jenkins.
- Proficiency in Linux.
- Familiarity with testing and automation of firmware and embedded code.
- Ability to lead and set direction for software test projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Adaptive fast learner able to ramp up quickly on domain area.
- Self-motivated, flexible with a passion to make a difference.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to mentor others.
- BS, MS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with open-source Python testing frameworks such as pytest, nose, etc.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and its use in Internet of Things (IoT) systems.
- Experience with robotics technologies: embedded systems for control, navigation, manipulation, sensors, video.
- Communications protocols in Ethernet, 802.11, Bluetooth, TCP/IP.