iRobot delivers innovative robots that are making a difference in peoples lives. From cleaning floors to disarming explosives, we constantly strive to find better ways to tackle dull, dirty and dangerous missionswith better results.
iRobot is seeking a Principal Software Engineer in Test. This software engineer will create and execute test plans, work closely with product developers to define tests and develop software test automation to enhance regression, continuous integration and smoke test environments.. A successful candidate will have a passion for quality, testing, delivering great products all, while inventing the future.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
- Develop and enhance automated tests and frameworks (GUI & CLI) using Appium.
- Configure CI/CD environments on bitrise and Jenkins with Mobile App Test Framework and automated tests
- Execute automated tests to validate Mobile Application on both iOS and Android.
- Work side-by-side with developers and functional testers to create test specifications from user stories/requirements and transform selected tests into an automated test suite.
- Triage defects and effectively communicate parameters to developers for rapid reproduction and fix.
- Develop test plan and procedures for testing new products and sustaining efforts.
- Install / setup of test environment.
- Prioritize automation and manual efforts.
- Effectively communicate results and issues to developers, managers and program.
- Communicate issues to developers through direct communication, use of bug tracking system, triage abilities, etc.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to test execution resources for running tests (manual and automated), collecting results.
- Promote and implement automation capabilities throughout the entire software development lifecycle including, functional, performance, scale and stress.
- Lead software test effort for individual products.
- 5 to 8 years experience in software test and test automation.
- Strong test development skills Python, LabVIEW, Java, Perl, C/C++, etc.
- Familiarity with software build and delivery process.
- Experience with test case development, test execution for Native Mobile Applications Android and iOS
- Experience with test automation and frameworks for both GUI and CLI testing Selenium, Appium and/or Seetest.
- Experience with IoT/Smart Home Device Interoperability testing with focus on end to end Mobile App, Cloud and Embeded SW testing
- Familiarity with development methodologies Agile
- Experience/Familiarity with QA Life Cycle and Defect Life Cycle
- Experience with JIRA User Stories, Defect tracking
- Experience with test management applications like Xray, qTest
- Proficient in Windows, MAC and Linux -- system & network management, troubleshooting.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and set direction for software test projects.
- Adaptive fast learner able to ramp up quickly on domain area.
- Self-motivated, flexible with a passion to make a difference.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Proficient using MS Office productivity packages Excel and Word.
- Willingness and ability to mentor others.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience in Agile methodology a plus
- Team engagement, able to bridge the gap between software developers and software test engineers.
- Familiarity with any of the following applications and technologies is a plus:
- Robotics: embedded systems for control, navigation, manipulation, sensors, video.
- Communications: Ethernet, wireless, Bluetooth, TCP/IP, Cloud environment.
- OS: Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS
- API automation testing including working experience with test frameworks
- Mobile platform testing and automation
- Experience with Test Management Systems