Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management;all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Virgin Pulse values and celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
What We are Building:
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. We work as agile development teams focused building and supporting a platform that serves:
- Several million engaged users around the globe.
- 50 billion+ consumer generated API calls a year.
- Native mobile clients with 100k+ consumer reviews with at 4.8+ star rating.
Who you are
As we work on continuing the growth of our next-generation SaaS application and are looking for are looking for a new Engineering Technical Lead. Each day you will be guiding and collaborating with a team of other talented engineers, Product Managers, and UX Designers to deliver great solutions on an exponentially growing application. As a Engineering Technical Lead at Virgin Pulse you will be the development point person and a technical leader on your scrum team.
You have a proven track record of excellence in your areas of expertise and are able to act as a “Development Expert” to an engineering department as a whole. This role is instrumental in helping make architecture decisions to evolve our platform, mentoring other engineers, and implementing new development tools and standards.
In this role you will:
- Spearhead the design, development, and testing of new platform components, features, and enhancements.
- Triage, investigate, and resolve issues across our platform.
- Actively lead from an engineering perspective in sprint ceremonies to help the team design solutions, estimate effort, and effectively plan work.
- Act as a development subject-matter expert for engineering as a whole
What you bring to the team
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical training and/or experience. Each will be considered equally.
- 5+ years’ experience in a software engineering role.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to lead in software architecture discussions. You actively contribute to technical discussions.
- A passion and drive for learning technologies and applying them pragmatically.
- An ability to contribute to a technical discussion, the openness to listen and learn from your peers, and desire to mentor other engineers.
What makes you stand out?
- An in-depth understanding of Java or Angular (or a great understanding of JS)
- The ability to design and implement REST API
- Dedication to Unit Testing
You'll definitely be in the right place if you have experience with:
- Spring Boot Framework
- Apache Storm
* No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.
Please note that Virgin Pulse representatives will only communicate with you via our own corporate communication tools with virginpulse.com email addresses and through partnership with our Applicant Tracking System, iCIMS, which will clearly reference Virgin Pulse. We do not use third part apps like WIRE or WhatsApp to communicate. Should you be offered a job, and accept, you will be provided with secure links through partnerships with our secure vendors.