Software Engineer II, Furniture & Decor
Storefront Engineering is in the enviable position of being able to speak directly to our customers. Through powerful technology, we make shopping our millions of products feel simple and personal, whether customers are just browsing while on-the-go on our native app or finalizing purchase decisions on the desktop from the comfort of their home. As Wayfair continues to see massive growth, Storefront Engineering is going through a major technology transition, empowering teams to build services and interfaces that can be updated and deployed independently. We are on the journey to build the tools and services to deliver value to our customers more quickly, all in an environment where engineering teams have the autonomy to make the right decision for themselves and their product.
The mission of the Furniture & Decor team is to unlock growth by delighting customers when they purchase any F&D products, complex products, and samples. We are responsible for enabling customers to provide a seamless shopping experience within e-commerce. F&D is a broad space with many different products, nuances & needs. Within F&D, the key is to develop differentiators that enable customers to find and purchase the piece of their dreams.
What You'll Do
- Work in a highly collaborative environment interacting closely with other software engineers & product managers to identify opportunities and implement solutions.
- You will develop new systems and analyze existing systems to make them more robust, maintainable, and scalable.
- Use an iterative approach with multiple releases to deliver feature
- You will contribute to the teams technical decisions through discussions & writing technical documents and proposals.
- You will create experiences that will empower our customer to make the most satisfactory decision when purchasing Furniture Decor or Samples powered products
What You'll Need
- Demonstrable past experience of delivering to production 4 - 6 product releases through their entire development cycle (from Envisioning to Maintenance/Support)
- Experience with full stack development - preferably in Java, React or PHP
- Experience deploying in an iterative manner.
- Demonstrable participation of standard setting or coaching at the team level.
- Experience with distributed applications and/or continuous deployment
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.