Our Senior Software Engineers will work on Hardware In the Loop (HIL) infrastructure software, system design, implementation strategy, and code reviews. Partnering with multiple teams to bring concepts to production. Work in a complex and growing system where new features are being added and evaluated rapidly.
What You'll Be Doing
- Use your software development expertise to influence your peers with better software practices and principles.
- Design and develop clean software for the hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) integration and regression testing using simulation/re-simulation.
- Be responsible, follow best engineering practices, and develop high quality production level software, including writing good documentation for new features, developing meaningful unit/integration tests, always caring about safety and security, and giving constructive code review feedback.
- Collaborate with other engineers to break down long term goals into intermediate milestones.
- Identify obstacles and tech debts and propose solutions.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant field.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- C++ (i.e. C++11, C++14, C++17), Golang, Python development experience in Unix/Linux environment.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.
- Experience working with multi-component device systems testing and debugging.
- Experience in safety-critical applications and hard real-time constraints.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors including but not limited to specific skills, experience and expertise, role location, certifications, licenses, and business needs. The estimated compensation range listed in this job posting reflects base salary only. This role may include additional forms of compensation such as a bonus or company equity. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Candidates for certain positions are eligible to participate in Motional’s benefits program. Motional’s benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401k with a company match, health saving accounts, life insurance, pet insurance, and more.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. Were behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, its imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motionals success. Thats why weve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.