Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
Join an experienced team building a product to help doctors (and other healthcare providers) get the information they need from the life science industry to improve patient care.
This position will build new APIs and web applications to complement the Engage Connect mobile applications, using modern architecture.
What You'll Do
- Rapidly build new applications on an existing, robust enterprise platform
- Build new cloud infrastructure from scratch following the best practices in software development
- Drive new features and improvements in a fast-changing environment
- Partner with product management, design, and QA to deliver cutting-edge solutions and direct value to our customers
- Work on multiple layers of our stack including backend (primary), front-end, and DevOps
- Mentor junior engineers
- 6+ years working on a software engineering team
- Python experience is preferred, but an interest in learning python is acceptable
- 5+ years developing web applications or web services
- Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or similar technical degree
- Willingness to continue learning and developing as a professional
Nice to Have
- Prior experience building business-to-consumer software products
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes and microservice patterns
- Passion for writing well-designed, testable, and efficient code
- Pride in work through attention to detail
- Knowledge of SaaS applications, SaaS deployment models, and SaaS DevOps
- Prior experience developing or supporting mobile applications
- Comfortable working in an agile environment
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].