Chewy is hiring a Senior Data Scientist for our Pet Health Engineering team in Boston, MA. This is a leadership position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of machine learning systems that power our Pharmacy and Pet Health systems. You will bring experience spanning data science, software engineering and team leadership starting from the customer. This role offers a great opportunity for professional growth with the leading online pet retailer in the US.
What Youll Do:
- Work collaboratively with Engineering and Product teams to deliver technologies that improve pharmacy and pet health systems
- Be responsible for developing data analysis and machine learning pipelines at scale in a cloud environment, including performance assessments and model decisions
- Understand and manage technical and operational aspects of running machine learning systems at scale
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels across different functional teams
What Youll Need:
- 5+ years of experience working on practical problems in data science
- MS or PhD in field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
- Demonstrated experience of translating ambiguous customer requirements into clear problem definitions and delivering them
- Demonstrated practical knowledge in the areas of machine learning, content delivery, deep learning, recommendation systems and information search
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to explain details of complex concepts to non-expert stakeholders in simple understandable way
- Experience in hiring and developing junior members
- Direct experience implementing machine learning platforms using Python and/or Java
- Position may require travel
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].