Were looking for outstanding engineers to join our team! If you have a passion for gameplay, physics, networking, tools and/or graphics wed love to hear from you. As an engineer at Demiurge Studios youll work with other engineers, artists and designers to deliver innovative games for the PC, Android and iOS devices. Demiurge development teams are cohesive, highly skilled and well-supportedcome join us!
Please note, relocation assistance or remote work may be available for this role.
- Work closely with artists and designers to recognize and define game features and system requirements.
- Author technical design documents for the team which specify what will be developed and how.
- Provide time estimates and development plans for feature development.
- Implement, test, debug and maintain source code.
- Provide ongoing support to artists and designers.
- Track your development progress and keep production management well-informed.
- Think creatively and work proactively to solve any blocking issues for yourself and your teammates.
- Deliver high quality, functional systems on time and to specification.
- Review the work of other engineers and provide constructive guidance in a highly collaborative environment.
- Make educated trade-offs among scope, quality and pace.
- Assist with live server operations and take turns responding to outages with the team.
- 5+ years professional software development experience.
- Strong programming and software architecture skills.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Has an interest in good software engineering practices and maintaining code quality.
- Self motivated and able to achieve development goals with minimal supervision.
- Has a passion for games and plays them regularly.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Preference to Applicants with
- Engineering credits on one or more shipped games for iOS or Android.
- Experience developing games with the Unreal Game Engine.
- Experience working in C++
- Experience working in Go.
- Experience with live operations.
- Database development experience with SQL.
- Experience developing HTTP APIs for a web service.
- Experience setting up automated build systems and unit test frameworks.
- Comfortable working in PC and Linux environments.
- Experience developing games using agile methodologies.
Demiurge Studios is a privately-held video game developer based in Cambridge, MA. Creating games is our passion and we bring years of expertise to our projects. The teams at Demiurge build fun, accessible games like our hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. We also provide co-development services to larger, best-in-industry game companies. In that capacity, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.
Demiurge Studios is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or Veteran status. Demiurge Studios also makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities or special needs.