Who We Are
MoPub is the world’s largest mobile application advertising exchange and complete ad serving platform. From individual developers to the largest names in mobile apps and games, our customers span the globe and generate tens of billions of ad requests a day.
Who You Are
As a MoPub backend engineer, you will be responsible for developing, scaling, and maintaining the high throughput, low latency core services that makes up the MoPub platform. The platform that you will work on day to day is what mobile application developers all over the world rely on to build scalable business and maximize revenue by showing high quality ads. Can you contribute right away to a high scale, low latency distributed ad serving platform with hundreds of third party connections?
What You’ll Do
- Build and maintain high-performance, scalable distributed services
- Develop solutions to complex problems primarily using Java and Scala that are maintainable, clear, and concise
- Work closely with product managers and designers
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or similar technical field
- 4+ years developing large scale distributed systems
- Proficient in one of C++, JAVA or Scala.
- Strong software engineering skills (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience with event driven service architecture
Nice to have qualifications
- Hands-on experience with data tools such as Hadoop, Apache Druid, MapReduce, Kafka Streaming, Beam, Spark, Storm and other big data frameworks and streaming technologies.
- Experience with implementing ETL pipelines to process large scale data.
- Experience with Ad tech.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.