At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Senior Software Engineer – Middleware Services Team
Wasabi is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Middleware Services software development team. In this role, you will use your knowledge of distributed services software development to help a team dedicated to highly reliable, secure, scalable and innovative technology for Wasabi's hot cloud storage service. To be successful in this role, you should have expertise in agile software development, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. You should also demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and have a solid foundation in software design.
This role reports to the Senior Manager of the Applications Team.
- Work with a highly effective agile team helping define and build our global application and services framework.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code in addition to tests and documentation
- Maintain a consistent level of communication between developers and the application stakeholders
- Contribute to the improvement of the team’s software development and agile process
- Contribute to new features and functionality as well as identify and resolve defects
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Knowledge of modern distributed cloud services development
- Familiarity with database technologies such as MySQL, Cockroach Labs, or Cassandra is a plus
- Familiarly with Linux and Linux scripting
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform and related tools would be helpful.
- Previous experience with modern virtualization and containerization technologies (virtual machines, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Understanding of web services and modern API best practices (HTTP, REST, GRPC)
- Experience with Agile software development principles and methodologies
- Possess a good attitude and a “team-first” mentality