The International Supply Chain (ISC) team is responsible for the planning, movement, and tracking of goods from foreign factories to domestic warehouses. ISCs job starts once a supplier is ready to place an order from one of their factories and it doesnt end until those goods are delivered to a fulfillment center. Through deep integrations into the supply chain, automation, and exception handling we are able to provide world-class service and visibility to our suppliers. Our efforts allow them to focus on their core business while we worry about all the complexities involved in getting their goods imported. We aim to perfect and scale our offerings cost-effectively through technology. Are you interested in building technology for the real world where anything can happen (container shortages, record high ocean rates, 1800+ containers fall into the ocean in bad weather, etc.)? You never know what will happen next!
What You Will Do:
- Provide technical oversight for a team of 6-9 software engineers responsible for the platforms that plan, book, and track the movement of containers on ocean, land, and rail.
- Architect and implement robust, well-tested services. Provide technical design and code reviews for peers within your team and across the broader ISC organization.
- Provide insights into opportunity areas for the platform, influencing priorities and team roadmaps in close partnership with Engineering and Product partners.
- Identify and implement new tools, technologies, and processes to accelerate developer velocity within our teams.
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence, up-leveling the technical expertise of engineers across ISC.
- Contribute to the technical development of engineers by mentoring and coaching them through learning opportunities.
- Consistently delivers high quality code following good patterns and design practices.
- Set and develop best practices and standards within the team. Owns team coding standards, code review norms, deploy process and monitoring strategy.
- Work with product managers and stakeholders to refine user stories and requirements. Provide reliable estimation during planning sessions.
- Desire to be part of a fast paced environment. We are hungry to win!
- Inquisitive and can do attitude. We are always learning and exceeding expectations!
- Ability to create leverage for those around you. We are continually improving!
- Broad experience architecting and implementing full-stack web applications and event-based systems (10+ years or equivalent track-record). We own everything from soup to nuts!
- Track-record of being a hands-on developer efficiently building technically sound systems.
- Experience with Test Automation and Test Authoring. Quality is not an afterthought!
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI/CD) practices and tools (Buildkite, Jenkins, etc.). Releasing business value early and often is part of our DNA!
- Experience leveraging monitoring and logging technologies (e.g. DataDog, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, etc.). We want to be the first to know if something is wrong!
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.