ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions a $300+ billion market in the US alone. ezCater is purpose-built for business. ezCater's corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We're backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille, and had an up-round in December of 2021 when we were valued at $1.6 billion.
Are you excited about coding solutions, building features, and driving efficiency while working with an exceptional team? At ezCater we rely on our dynamic and skilled team of engineers to provide solutions that unlock potential and drive innovation in our rapidly evolving environment.
As we expand our team were seeking engineers that thrive in a forward-thinking organization and are passionate about building products that drive measurable impact, while committing quality code and deconstructing complexities. We are looking for smart, thoughtful, collaborative technologists to help us reach our goals while delivering value and impact across our business.
ezCater values technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to improve the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience. Our team values innovation, pragmatism, and transparency. Check out the ezCater Engineering Blog for a glimpse into our culture and team.
As a member of our integrations team you will be playing a pivotal role in making sure that we are able to deliver excellent results by communicating seamlessly with our technology and catering partners.
What You'll Do:
- Join a team that is focused on delighting our customers, executing the organization's mission, and propelling our business forward. Build products utilizing Ruby on Rails, React and GraphQL
- Contribute to performance improvements and efficiencies - we believe speed is a feature and core skill
- Respond to customer and business requests by evolving our existing products and identifying areas that would benefit from new initiatives
- Decompose problems, design technical solutions and work with other talented engineers to implement, test, and evaluate your teams work
- Communicate with product managers, stakeholders and engineering teams to ensure mission clarity, and provide technical direction
- Improve our user experience by increasing the capability and efficiency of our systems and products; based on research, data and metrics
- Influence the teams outcomes and direction by sharing ideas for improving the product, technology and/or process
- Operate with scale and speed embracing new challenges and contributing to the development lifecycle
- Have fun building meaningful software with awesome people
What You Have:
- Several years of professional web development experience using Ruby on Rails
- Extensive experience working with APIs and an understanding of API first development
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases. Postgres? Even better
- Experience working with point-of-sale systems would be a plus
- Flexible growth mindset, youre willing to do what it takes to adapt, and youre excited to learn a heck of a lot along the way
- An appetite for learning, experimentation, relentless curiosity and an ability to leverage what you learn to make our products better
- A thirst for personal and professional growth
- A flexible, and pragmatic disposition
The national cash compensation range for this role is $140,000 - $180,000* per year
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What youll get from us:
Youll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. Youll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and youll get all this: Market salary, stock options that youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when youre in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.