As a member of Dattos BCDR Portal team, you will enhance and improve the software powering the SIRIS and Alto business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR) products, ~90K devices deployed across all 7 continents for our Managed Service Provider (MSP) community. Dattos BCDR devices are Linux powered backup appliances that perform block-level snapshots of physical, virtual, and public cloud based servers. Application consistent backup data is stored as raw disk images in a local ZFS-based disk array. In the event of data loss, customers can recover data in a variety of ways including; restoring files or directories, mounting volumes as iSCSI targets or Samba shares, launching a backup as a local or remotely hosted virtual machine, or deploying a backup to physical hardware.
The BCDR Portal team is responsible for various APIs as well as the primary User Interface for our BCDR platform. You will be joining a collaborative agile team of full stack engineers in the Northeastern US and UK.
- Partner with your technical colleagues to develop new products and features that improve the MSP experience and ensure reliable and secure data protection for our customers
- Work on complex systems that rely on internal and external libraries using multiple languages, but primarily PHP with the Symfony Framework
- Lead the continual improvement of the architecture and code base
- Collaborate with multiple teams to improve the products performance, scalability, durability, and security
- B.S. or M.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- 8+ years of professional experience developing solutions in an object-oriented language such as Python, PHP, Java, C++, or C# and/or front-end web technologies
- Professional experience with database use and design
- Understanding of RESTful web services
- Comfortable with Linux command line programming and understanding of file systems
- Experience as technical lead in design and implementation of large features
- A passion for technology and continuous learning
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.