Were seeking a full-stack Software Engineer to join the edX Enterprise Reach, a team focused on work that improves our edX for Business offering. The teams current major initiative involves improving the on-boarding experience for B2B customers and enabling B2B customers to seamlessly connect their learners to the edX platforms. You will join a team of full stack engineers, dedicated to designing and building products that attract new customers, scale our systems to support existing customers, and integrate with 3rd party software. Interested in solving business and engineering problems that will have a global impact?
The engineering goals of edX for Business provides a seamless experience of edXs content in a way that helps companies upskill their workers. As a paid product, edX for Business is a crucial strategy for edXs sustainability as an independent non-profit that provides educational access to as many people as possible.
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software systems
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX, and Data Science to understand business problems and identify solutions
- Provide mentorship to team members and assist with feedback on code reviews
- Build and maintain operationally viable solutions throughout the software life cycle
- Commit to owning your code and supporting the customer facing environment
- Lead team members on independent project initiatives
- Promote teamwork, research cutting edge technology, and support a vibrant innovative work atmosphere
- 3+ years of full-stack coding experience.
- Real-world experience with developing and deploying large web applications in modern web frameworks.
- The ability to problem solve, drive projects with loosely defined requirements, communicate with stakeholders, and learn from both success and failure.
- A collaborative mindset, sharing your knowledge with team members through mentoring, code reviews, pair programming, presentations, etc.
Nice to Have
- Experience working with Python, Django & React.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Experience with accessibility best practices and compliant front-end development standards.
- Familiarity with open source frameworks.
- An interest in enabling and integrating open source contributions.
- BS in Computer Science or related experience.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
Thats why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply even if you cant check every box. Wed love to hear from you.
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, weve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And were not stopping thereas a global nonprofit, were relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.