At Feather, our mission is to transform people's relationship with material goods to create a healthier and happier planet. We are redefining furniture rental for city living and helping people feel at home no matter where they live or how long they plan on staying. By giving people smarter options, Feather is able to keep more furniture in homes and out of landfills.
About this job
We are looking for a talented Fullstack Software Engineer to join our team. We have positions open on several different teams, covering all aspects of our business; everything from a frontend, consumer focus to backend, operations focus, and several points in between. This position is for those looking for exposure to several touch points in our technology stack and are interested in a holistic approach to engineering. Additionally, as a subject matter expert and a senior member of the team, you will go beyond contributing work directly, elevating other members of the team to do and be their best.
What youll do
- Architect and model key functionality relied upon by our customers and multi-market workforce.
- Work in a distributed architecture consisting of APIs and message/event consuming microservices.
- Help identify the best technologies (AWS or otherwise) to address challenges in our roadmap.
- Transform our data architecture for massive scale and high-performance while prioritizing data integrity.
- Champion user experience and create UIs that are scalable, intuitive and add value for users of all kinds.
- Be a proponent of testable, scalable solutions.
- Collaborate closely with product leadership while providing guidance to other engineers as the team continues to grow.
- Help define high-quality software engineering standards and practices.
- Assist Tech Leads in the exploration, definition and identification of technical blockers and opportunities, and advocate for initiatives to improve the technology stack overall
What you need to be successful
- 5+ years of experience building commercial software with a modern programming language
- An eagerness to join a fast-paced, growing, and evolving environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong experience creating rich user applications with modern frontend frameworks, such as React, Angular or Vue, and modern state management tools, such as Redux
- Strong experience developing RESTful APIs and working with relational databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, or SQL Server.
- Experience in a cloud-based ecosystem, such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure, and particularly with Infrastructure as code methodology
You don't need to have experience with all of these. Were looking for talented and smart engineers who are willing to ramp up on these technologies.
- Frontend: React, Redux, Saga, Typescript, GraphQL, Storybook, Emotion
- Backend: Express, NestJS, TypeORM, MySQL, PostgresQL, RESTful APIs, GraphQL
- Infrastructure: AWS (including CDK, Fargate), Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices architecture
What you'll get when you join us
- Competitive compensation
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- 401(k) program
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- Company sponsored fitness program
- Free mental health coaching
- Monthly stipend to support your work-from-home needs
- A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
- The latest hardware to get the job done