Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
Data Access and Business Services (DABS) is responsible for the services that contain some of the most business-critical data at Thrasio such as the product catalog, inventory tracking, finance and marketing data. We work to ensure that our data is accessible to our warehouse so that it can be used to drive our intelligence efforts, and we work with the connectivity team to ensure that were syncing everything with the external sources we use. We also provide a suite of tooling to internal customers so that they can interact with and manage the functionality and data of our services.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Design, build, test and operate services, APIs and databases that will be responsible for being the source of truth for data that is core to Thrasios business and will be leveraged by teams across the company
- Contribute to adding functionality and features to our internal portal for teams to interact with and manage the data within the services that the team is responsible for
- Work closely with Data Connectivity and Data Warehouse teams to standardize on how data is represented in data warehouses and visualizations as well as across 3rd party services
- Partner with other engineers and product managers on the team to build and groom a roadmap of new ideas and improvements to the services and UIs within the domain based on customer feedback
- Contribute to the overall engineering organizations efforts to establish best practices and help refine our onboarding processes
- Train and mentor junior engineers on the team
What You Bring to the Party:
- 5+ years of work experience
- Strong programming skills in Python or an equivalent language
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres) and designing data models
- Experience with continuous integration, test automation, and deployment
- Experience with observability in distributed and service-oriented systems
- Experience in microservice architecture design and best practices
- Experience with API design and best practices
- Exposure to modern frontend development technologies (e.g. React, Vue)
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent working experience
- Expert level programming skills with Python
- Knowledge of python frameworks, such as Django, Flask, etc
- Experience architecting client-side Single Page Applications
- Experience working in a high growth startup environment
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.