ezCater is the worlds largest online marketplace for catering a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. Were backed by world-class investors including Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, and others, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
The Senior Software Engineer, Financial Enablement will work as part of our platform engineering team, building systems responsible for the financial success of ezCater and our catering partners.
What You'll Do:
- Own and maintain systems related to financial reporting, distribution of funds, tax calculation and remittance, and so on.
- Architect and develop systems for representing the business and financial configurations of our catering partners.
- Understand, maintain and update systems responsible for business-critical financial operations.
- Help raise the technical skills for our backend engineers through cross-squad initiatives, presentations, and shared documentation
- Work closely with product and design to ensure we build the right things the right way,
What You'll Have:
- A platform mindset - you enjoy working on systems that improve development stories for other engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a drive to produce quality documentation
- A strong appetite for learning, and an ability to leverage what you learn to make our development environments better
- An appreciation for the craft of coding, with opinions derived from this appreciation
- A friendly, flexible and pragmatic disposition
- 4+ years of professional development experience
Additionally, a few nice to haves:
An understanding of CI / CD and various ways of releasing nodejs software
Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases. Postgres? Even better
An understanding of API first development, and experience with GraphQL and/or REST APIs
A grasp of the fundamentals of event streaming and pub/sub architectures
A distributed systems mindset, and experience working with both service oriented architectures and monolithic applications
Starting Salary Range: $123,000 - $184,000
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What youll get from us:
Youll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. Youll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and youll get all this: Market salary, stock options that youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.