Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
DevX handles all the build and test engineering at Toast, as well as significant portions of Toasts Development Platform. As a senior engineer in DevX you will be deeply involved in building out our high-scaling Build, Test, Deliver platform, and designing and building new applications both front and backend, for the development platform. All this at a mighty scale!
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Utilize strong Java/Kotlin skills to build and extend our high scaling internal pipeline systems and development platform
- Improve the look, feel, and usability of UIs that we steward
- Lead by example with code standards and design; help implement these across both the DevX team and R&D in general
- Interact with Toasts development teams; our tools should ease their process
- Extend our cloud-based pipeline and testing infrastructure, including greenfield scenarios. Sometimes what we need does not exist yet!
- Work with a wide array of technologies including Java/Kotlin-based micro services and APIs; Docker containers; AWS Cloud infrastructure and Terraform automation systems, Jenkins and CI services; and a physical device farm for automated hardware testing
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- A tool maker at heart who enjoys empowering others
- A love of automation
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.