Our goal is to make software development at Wayfair a delightful experience! As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of a team that daily impacts more than 3,000 software engineers company-wide. The Orchestration Platform team builds tools to help maintain efficiencies across the software organization; maintaining positive working relationships with dozens of engineering teams. Our goal is to build tools, systems, and automation to eliminate toil, make quality the default, and scale development activities to keep pace with our rapidly growing teams across the Engineering department.
You will be working with a Platform Software Engineering team to enable Wayfair engineering teams on-demand access to all the Wayfair infrastructure in collaboration with all Wayfair infrastructure teams. Your expertise in these areas, and testing around it, will directly influence team strategy and adoption. We encourage experimentation in our tech teams and want to provide tools that solve problems. You can expect to meet with, strategize, and execute projects with teams to improve their patterns and practices, across our engineering departments.
What Youll Do
- Work with Wayfair engineering and infrastructure teams to understand, prioritize and help increase the offering of the self-service platforms.
- Build, design and implement robust and scalable platform systems and APIs that help infrastructure teams automate their different tasks.
- Provide guidance and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to streamline and improve self-service offerings in Wayfair for our engineering teams.
- Influence and contribute to the technical strategy, product strategy and roadmap.
- Work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership, not only in the Berlin office but also with Boston, London, and Galway
What Youll Need
- Work with engineers, program managers and partner teams to deliver a set of features with the right overall design and architecture.
- Experience designing and delivering software products
- Server-side software engineering experience, preferably Python, or openness to learn those languages quickly.
- Collaborator and communicator with the ability to influence partners and peers at different levels.
- An interest in challenging problems and the ability to work with many teams.
- Ability to quickly translate business requirements into working features or POCs.
- Ability to describe complex problems in an understandable way tailored to diverse audiences.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.