Office Tour Photos
Were reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Insight through data.
As a Senior Data Science Engineer at DraftKings, youll be a member of an engineering team made up of members with skill sets across math and software development, dedicated to building product that solves some of the most analytically challenging problems here at DraftKings.
The work we do encompasses:
- Data mining - write code to uncover insights hidden in our vast repository of raw data, and provide tactical guidance on how to leverage findings
- Algorithm design - develop quantitative models, leveraging machine learning and advanced data analysis techniques
- Algorithm platform engineering - architect and build technical platforms for our algorithmic engines to run at scale
What youll do as a Senior Data Science Engineer:
- Work in complex technical systems and wrangle data from a wide set of data sources
- Research and develop advanced models that uncover learnings from raw data
- Serve as an engineering lead to build algorithm solutions into our overall technical platform
- Partner closely with business leads across the company to project plan and execute on valuable data science projects
What skills you will use:
- 3+ years of experience in a quantitative or technical work environment
- Strong software development experience e.g. languages such as Python, Java, C#, C++, etc
- Knowledge of quantitative methods statistics, machine learning, general data analysis
- Intuitive sense of how quantitative and technical work aligns closely with business priorities and business value
- Ability to effectively work with business leads: strong communication skills, ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts
- Intense intellectual curiosity strong desire to always be learning
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving open-ended problems
- Highly collaborative, team-player attitude
- Bonus: strong interest in playing fantasy sports
As part of this role, you will be a creative thinker in how to solve problems, utilizing quantitative and software development skills along with business understanding to devise solutions. Youll work within the DraftKings data technology infrastructure to dive into our data sets and develop innovative new product capabilities.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and were great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of techs most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
Were proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. Well never discriminate against anyones background or creed. If youre good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.
More Jobs From