Motionals Cybersecurity team works across the business to produce a secure product. Were looking for a software engineer specialized in cybersecurity to partner with developers to help design, implement, and test secure solutions. In particular, in this role you will join projects building important security-critical software components necessary to make a self-driving vehicle. These components may cover topics within perception, planning, controls, infrastructure, mapping, etc., where you will help with the hands on work to carry out our Autonomous Vehicle Cybersecurity Development Lifecycle. This is a great way to work directly on software that makes a vehicle drive itself while making meaningful cybersecurity contributions to our product. We are open to hiring an experienced engineer enthusiastic about cross-training in software security.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work closely with the AV Stack Teams to develop secure software for autonomous driving systems in compliance with a Security Development Lifecycle.
- Develop new security features to prevent or mitigate attacks on AV Stack, implement and promote new quality practices, collaborate with experts to implement AV Stack algorithms using modern software engineering practices.
- Collaborate with other Cybersecurity team members to design and develop secure software for the next generation autonomous driving platforms.
- Work in a fast-paced work environment while communicating with employees in other locations
What we're looking for:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Equivalent Knowledge and Work Experience.
- 5+ years professional experience building software for robotics, AI, cyber-physical systems, or advanced engineering projects.
- Strong programming skills in C++, experience with Python.
- Experience with Linux work environment, software, and toolchains.
- Experience with programming for multi-threaded systems.
- Experience with collecting requirements, creating software designs, and developing efficient implementations
Bonus points (not required):
- Safety certification (e.g. ISO 26262, IEC 61508, EN 5012X, DO-178B/C, etc.)
- Dynamic analysis (sanitizers, valgrind, gcov, etc.)
- Static analysis (Coverity, Klocwork, MISRA)
- Mathematics behind robotics and sensor systems
- Secure coding (or a strong desire to learn and practice software security topics)
If you dont meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above - thats okay! We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and that you can deliver the results we need.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. Were behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, its imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motionals success. Thats why weve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.