Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms, and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation, and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking at hiring a Senior Software Engineer focused on maturing our mission-critical pipeline as a service offering to our internal customers. Among other things, you will be working to improve our ephemeral test automation environments and production deployment pipelines as we scale engineerings microservices strategy on Kubernetes.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and improve CarGurus' Pipeline-as-a-Service built using Go (Golang)
- Expand on test automation infrastructure by providing ephemeral, hermetic environments that support various systems-under-test (i.e., contract testing, integration testing, end-to-end testing infrastructure, etc.)
- Scale our production CI/CD infrastructure to meet future needs.
- Manage and govern environments and general strategies to encourage environmental parity across our hundreds of services and artifacts.
- Solid understanding of Golang
- Demonstrable experience with Kubernetes workloads and infrastructure
- Experience with GitHub or GitHub Enterprise
- Experience with containerization / OCI images and registries
- Hands-on operational knowledge with git, and CI operations (merging algorithms, cloning strategies, rebasing)
- Familiarity with Concourse CI
- Familiarity with test automation infrastructure, particularly around ephemeral resourcing
- Experience with Bazel and Bazel remote-execution configuration (not expected, but a big plus!)
- Experience with multi-environment configuration-management for distributed systems
- Solid understanding of Java, Python, or Bash/Unix low-level scripting desired
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.