WHO WE ARE
New to the market, fast growing, incredibly innovative, and already recognized as one of the Boston Globes Top Places to Work, Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR) rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. Engaging twice as many muscles as cycling (86%, in fact), Hydrows interactive technology delivers challenging virtual workouts, including On the Mat offerings like Yoga (Strength, Mobility) and Pilates from gorgeous locations around the world.
Hydrow connects members with an entire community of fellow rowers who experience the rivers and waterways of the world together in synchrony. You, too, can be part of that community. At Hydrow, youll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? Thats because it is!
Hydrow is a distributed company enabling our employees to find a work mode that is best for them! Prefer an office to work from home or remote instead? Not a problem, we are committed to supporting our employee's flexible working environments.
Were looking for a talented software engineer to focus on building a great platform to support hundreds of thousands and ultimately millions of Hydrow rowing machines and mobile apps around the world. You will help design and have a major role in implementing core services that will delight our customers and make Hydrow secure and performant. Hydrow is also a streaming film studio. Our backend team builds our video CMS that supports creation, management, and streaming of thousands of fitness videos. The backend team works with the music industry to manage and track millions of music tracks.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will have a major role in building our API. You will help shape our architecture and define beautiful, functional interfaces for our rowing machine and the cloud infrastructure that powers our connected fitness community.
- You will interact with all of our tech stack including our NodeJS backend services and other AWS based infrastructure written primarily in TypeScript, our Android and iOS client apps, and a wide range of AWS platforms.
WHO YOU ARE
- You thrive in an open, lean, fast-paced, agile culture that emphasizes collaboration.
- You are a senior engineer with 3+ years of hands-on, coding/development experience and 2+ years of API development.
- You are familiar with cloud infrastructures, such as AWS and using the appropriate tools to solve challenging problems.
- You are proficient with SQL.
- You are passionate about building a great product experience.
- You are an evangelist for quality, process improvement, and change.
- You have a strong, insatiable desire to learn and hone your craft.
- You are familiar with github pull requests, code reviews, estimation, continuous delivery, and branching strategies.
We value the ability and desire to jump in and learn quickly, even without prior experience with a specific technology.
Note: Our entire team is working remotely during the COVID-19 crisis until July 2021. The software engineering team is geographically distributed across the United States, so our processes are remote-work friendly.
REPORTS TO: Chief Technology Officer
ABOUT HYDROW, INC.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgroundswe do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
By submitting your application, you agree that Hydrow may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Hydrow's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Hydrow's use of your personal information.